Be More Agile
Most of the teams in the software world follow Agile process and practices. Following Agile is fundamentally different from being Agile and in this article, we will talk about some of the actions you can take today to be more agile.
do you follow?
- Shed Ego: Ego is a big blocker for our progress irrespective of being in the Agile world or not. But this becomes even more evident and blocks our every step in an Agile environment. There are lots of articles about egoless development.
- Be open to collaborate : When we are open and talk our mind, we automatically become more agile. The restrictions and mental blocks to speak our mind openly to the team are the biggest bottlenecks to free flow of information and ideas. Psychologists call it emotional security to speak our mind.
- Don’t Use communication tools: In this age of technology, the tools are plenty for communication, but none of them provide the connect of the face to face communication. (Agile principle)
- Focus on the outcome: Lot many times, the agile manifesto is being misinterpreted (“working code is a measure of progress”). Unfortunately, it does not talk about production. Some teams get very complacent when they get their working code in “QA” or “Stage” environments for example. There is no result when the working code is not in production. At the end of the day outcome matters.
- Get things done: Just like any other methodologies, the trap always exists when teams get lost in the process and meetings. The important part of the business and the product is to deliver things. So never move eyes away from the delivery.
These are the few actionable you can take today to be more agile and be awesome developers and technologists. So take action now!