AWS Lambda and Azure functions are truly next generational in the sense of the cloud computing. These services simplify the amount of time it takes to move to a cloud-based solution. Following are some of the advantages of running services directly in functions/Lambda.
- No infrastructure code
- Easy scaling
- Easy deployment
- Gives focus on the business
In this article, we will explore how to create a simple azure function and execute it in simple 5 steps.
1. Search for Functions in the Azure Portal and select it.
2. Click on “Create” and Create functions form should appear.
3. Enter the App Name, Subscription, Location and select “Create”. After it is created, you should see a page like this.
4. Select “Functions” from the left menu and on the right side select “Webhook + API” and click on “Create this function”.
5. Below screen appears where you can write code for the function and deploy the same. Edit code and select “Run” to update the deployment and run.
That’s all and functions are as simple as that. Hope this article helps in creating functions with Azure simpler. Please feel free to post your questions in the comments section.