The SPC is a SAFe program consultant (Also called as Implementing SAFe). This is probably the highest level of certification SAFe has and undoubtedly highly valued in the software industry. I am fortunate to have it cracked within 3 days of effort plus 4 days of a class. I definitely would like to write this down so that it would become easy and you don’t need to wonder how would I go about not just passing but scoring high marks.
I feel you should first decide whether you truly want to do it. If you just want to add another certification to your profile, probably I would say you don’t need to go for it. If you aspire to be an Agile coach and/or know that you would be implementing/supporting SAFe then it’s the perfect thing to go for.
I have cleared a SAFe Program Consultant a couple of weeks ago. I am going to share tips that would focus more on learning but at the same time, you will clear the exam with an excellent score.
- Read the material given by SAFe at least two times. If any concept is not clear then refer to scaleagileframework.com. The explanation there is far better than any other place.
- Click on the big picture and understand every item. The better way to do is to click on the item and read about it.
- The specific links are given in exam preparation material, read them all at least twice. Create notes only for high-level titles that would help you to connect with questions.
- The practice test must be done and if you score less than 80% then you need more preparation.
- The exam guide clearly states the most important chapters. The way you determine is based on the number of questions that appear from the respective chapter. Anything above 10% is very imp and every concept should be understood well.
- If you need any guidance in terms of how to prepare for exam, you can send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org . There are no sort cuts but right preparation will yield excellent results. Alternatively if you are on whats app, you can join my group to participate in SAFe discussions https://chat.whatsapp.com/B75OKRG9BjF8XPn92xRg7n
- Avoid searching for answers to questions on the internet during the exam. You may find the question while the answer available on the internet may be wrong. Study well and go by what you think is right. The questions are prepared with very well thought processes and I am sure you should be able to answer. If you want to score high, trust your judgment. Remember certification doesn’t have lots of value while knowledge does.
- The questions that I found on the internet are
- http://www.umarani.com/how-pass-leading-safe-40-exam [This has got 60 questions] – Don’t believe the answers listed are right. Always validate.
- Mock test – https://www.qaiglobalinstitute.com/safe-4-5-spc4-mock-test/
9. I would recommend reading Get SAFe Now book before even you go for training or start reading materials from SAFe. The book is for beginners and explains the concepts in layman language. The questions after every topic make you think a little deeper. It helped me a lot to hit high scores in a bunch of certifications I did.
The above is just for basics while if you want to be really confident then I would recommend reading the below book (SAFe distilled 5.0) instead of going through the website and reading random links. This book is organized so well that everything seems to be a story.
I will be adding more blogs with cheat sheets and more informative ideas and content soon
The sample questions available on the internet may help you to prepare further
One of the most important tip is to do at least 400-500 quality questions. That would open your mind and make you to think in right direction. Dont get into trap of random selection of questions since most sites have questions from other basic SAFe cert while they claim that they are SPC practices questions. Even I didnt hear good feedback for Udemy questions. The questions are not hard but they are tricky. The final exam would have at least 5-6 questions straight from prep test.