Which situation should use the Large Solution SAFe configuration? – Organizations that operate in an environment which requires compliance for high-assurance systems
1. What are two areas of focus when coaching the Inspect and Adapt event?
a. Make sure the event finishes with clear improvement items for the Program Backlog
b. Make sure all Scrum Master are working as a single problem solving team to surface and resolve systemic impediments
c. Prepare in advance the data for the quantitative section
d. Verify that no two teams are working on the same problem during the Problem Solving workshop
2. What are two ways the SAFe Economic Framework guides Value Streams investment decisions?
a. By time criticality
b. By funding Value Streams
c. By empowering the Product Owner to sequence the Solution Backlog
d. By prioritizing work by return on investment
e. By requiring Lean Business cases for Epics
3. What are two areas to examine when identifying operational value streams in an enterprise?
a. The current products which the company sells
b. The systems supporting each operating value stream
c. The internal departments which are supported
d. The number of agile release trains contained in the portfolio
e. The project cost accounting procedure in place
4. What primary reason for change makes it easiest to drive a transformation across the enterprise?
a. Burning platform – failure is occurring and so change is necessary
b. Follow a market trend – everyone is moving to Lean Agile
c. Analyst input – the view of analysis is that this is the direction of the market
d. Proactive leadership – improvement is necessary otherwise a burning platform will emerge soon.
4.A Juan is the coach of a new Agile Release Train. All members of the train are new to Agile. After two iterations Juan is hearing that most teams have problems running all of their team events. He does not have time to attend the event for all teams. What two things can he do?
a. Coach the Scrum Master by establishing a Community of Practice
b. Attend as many events as possible in the first PI and attend more in the following PI
c. There is nothing to be done mid-PI, problems that are critical enough will be raised in the Inspect and Adapt event and handled there.
d. Attend Release management meeting to understand possible problems
e. Attend the Iteration Retrospective as this will give him the most opportunity to help
5. Why launch a train using the Quick-start approach?
a. It allows the teams to begin by doing PI Planning and then reinforcing the knowledge by learning SAFe for Teams the net day
b. It increases engagement by getting people all in, all at once.
c. It refactors the Program Backlog before PI Planning based on feedback from the class
d. It reduces PI Planning to one day since some of the work is done in training
6. Why would an invitation-based implementation approach be used
a. It supports launching Agile Release Trains without reorganizing around value which makes the organizational change easier
b. It is easier to mandate from the top
c. It allows launching more trains at the same time
d. It engages people by allowing them to choose the implementation
7. During a Value Stream identification workshop the teams have designed three development value streams in support of the operational value stream the company the company is focused on. Which test would help to identify if these are good development Value Streams?
a. All of them have between 50 and 125 people needed to develop their solution
b. The structure of the Value Stream matched existing organizational structures
c. Each can operate and deliver value relatively independently from the others
d. There is a clear definition of who the Solution Manager is for each one
8. Which leadership style helps to create a safe environment for learning, growth and mutual influence?
a. Leader as the servant
b. Leader as the developer of people
c. Leader as the conductor
d. Leader as the influencer
9. What are two ways an Exploration Enabler is demoed?
a. Show the architecture created to support future User Stories
b. Show a prototype produced
c. Show screen shots of test results
d. Show the knowledge file
e. Show the functioning code in the production environment
10. When the LACE acts as an Agile team, which two team practices are the likely to use?
a. Run an Iteration Retrospective
b. Plan a Program Increment
c. Build a Lean Portfolio
d. Build Lean Agile Budgets
e. Hold a daily Stand-Up
11. What occurs during the Agile Release Train Inspect and Adapt event?
a. Solution Demo
b. Iteration Metrics update
c. Program Predictability Measure update
d. Iteration Review
12. What are two ways to evolve the Solution intent from variable to fixed scope?
b. Adapting work-in-progress limits
c. Creating work breakdown structures
d. Trade studies
e. Defining release milestones
13. When should a Lean Portfolio be established
a. When there are at least 5 Agile Release Trains that require coordination
b. When the lack of communication between strategy and execution is hurting value delivery
c. Establish the Portfolio as part of training the executives
d. Only if mandated from the top because it is better to operate in a completely decentralized environment
14. What are two benefits of big room training
a. Smaller classrooms provide more efficient learning environment
b. The Program Backlog can be ready for the training
c. Everyone on the train hears the same message
d. Accelerates launch timelines
e. Leaders do not need to attend multiple times
15. Relentless improvement as defined in the Scaled Agile Framework includes which two activities?
a. Building long-term relationships based on trust
b. Apply Lean problem solving tools and techniques
c. Reflect at key milestones
d. Hold employees reviews to provide fast feedback
e. Hold people accountable
16. What is the right use for SAFe Foundation?
a. Train Agile Teams before PI Planning
b. Train leaders and executives who do not have time for Leading SAFe
c. Introduce stakeholders to SAFe to drive interest in SAFe training
d. Train Agile Release Train (ART) leadership before launching the ART
17. Which two statements describe SAFe’s approach to operational and development Value Streams?
a. SAFe focuses on development Value Streams
b. Operational Value Streams contain the systems and steps to develop those systems
c. The operational Value Stream must be understood to define the development Value Streams
d. SAFe focuses on operational Value Streams
e. The development Value Streams must be understood to define the operational Value Streams
18. Why is capacity allocation important in SAFe
a. So the team is able to meet its iteration goals
b. To synchronize the development cadence of Features and Component teams
c. Work can be better estimated
d. So that teams continuously invest in the Architectural Runway
19. Who typically facilitates the Agile Release Train Sync meeting
a. Release Train Engineer
b. Value Stream Engineer
c. Senior Scrum Master
d. Agile Coach
20. Which statement is true about Lean Portfolio Management and budgeting
a. It reviews the top performing Solutions to ensure they are staying with budget targets
b. It monitors the budgets in the different Agile Release Trains but avoids funding new Epics
c. It cannot make any budget changes to the Portfolio
d. It empowers stakeholders to adapt the current backlog and roadmap contest