The SPC is a SAFe program consultant (Also called as Implementing SAFe). This is probably the highest level of certification SAFe has and undoubtedly highly valued in the software industry. I am fortunate to have it cracked within 3 days of effort plus 4 days of a class. I definitely would like to write this down so that it would become easy and you don’t need to wonder how would I go about not just passing but scoring high marks.
I feel you should first decide whether you truly want to do it. If you just want to add another certification to your profile, probably I would say you don’t need to go for it. If you aspire to be an Agile coach and/or know that you would be implementing/supporting SAFe then it’s the perfect thing to go for.
I have cleared a SAFe Program Consultant a couple of weeks ago. I am going to share tips that would focus more on learning but at the same time, you will clear the exam with an excellent score.
- Read the material given by SAFe at least two times. If any concept is not clear then refer to scaleagileframework.com. The explanation there is far better than any other place.
- Click on the big picture and understand every item. The better way to do is to click on the item and read about it.
- The specific links are given in exam preparation material, read them all at least twice. Create notes only for high-level titles that would help you to connect with questions.
- The practice test must be done and if you score less than 80% then you need more preparation.
- The exam guide clearly states the most important chapters. The way you determine is based on the number of questions that appear from the respective chapter. Anything above 10% is very imp and every concept should be understood well.
- I got some good material that would almost be guaranteed that you would clear the exam if done properly. If you really need that you can send an email to me at email@example.com with your phone number. I will provide you the details.
- Avoid searching answers for questions on the internet during the exam. You may find the question while the answer available on the internet may be wrong. Study well and go by what you think is right. The questions are prepared with very well thought processes and I am sure you should be able to answer. If you want to score try trust your judgment. Remember certification doesn’t have lots of value while the knowledge does.
- The questions what I found on net useful are
- http://www.umarani.com/how-pass-leading-safe-40-exam [This has got 60 questions] – Don’t believe the answers listed are right. Always validate.
- Mock test – https://www.qaiglobalinstitute.com/safe-4-5-spc4-mock-test/
I will be adding more blogs with cheat sheets and more informative ideas and content soon
The sample questions available on the internet may help you to prepare further