The following Scrum ceremonies are to be understood well.
Let’s talk about Daily Standups in this article
The standup is nothing but a daily meeting among all scrum members. The agenda of this meeting should be:
1. What did you accomplish since the last meeting
2. What are you planning to work on until the next meeting
3. What issues are blocking your progress (Impediments)
- This is not a status meeting or status to management.
- The stand-ups should be strictly time-boxed between 10 minutes to max 15 minutes.
- Hold the meeting “Without chairs” if possible. Everyone must stand and speak up.
- Plan to do this in the morning. If you have a sprint team outside of your country and a common meeting held only in the evening then plan to meet whoever is available in the morning for 5 minutes for quick sync up with the same agenda. The evening standups are just status or post-mortem which doesn’t serve the purpose of stand-ups.
- Everybody in the team reports to three agenda items listed above to the rest of the team.
- Prefer to have this meeting at the same place and time every day. Meeting in the morning is very important as it helps set the context for upcoming work.
- The quick questions and clarifications can be covered at a time while do remember that the meeting must have to end within 15 minutes. Please understand when I say quick, I am referring to closed-ended quick questions. The rest of everything should go offline or should be addressed with other meetings.
- The meeting should not be canceled even some of the members are not present. As a team member, it is extremely important for you to attend the meeting if you are not on leave that day.